13 March 2008

Tough night and morning for Aaron. The pain is unbearable and unfortunately, the medication that helps him, he can't keep down. Incredibly, he will be moved out onto the floor sometime today. We're hoping it will be back on the neuro floor. Lots of great folks up there!

Aaron's hand is definitely very, very tight, but I was able to move his thumb this morning, whereas I couldn't last night -- so here's hopin'!!

Don and I are exhausted. I looked in the mirror this morning and I'm carrying a complete set of Samsonite under each eye. I would imagine that I'll be staying the night tonight with Aaron, which means I'll be living on brewer's yeast, EmergenC and coffee all day long! I guess if I am going to take care of Aaron, I need to take care of me too!

Yesterday, shortly after Aaron had gone to surgery, Don's mom told me that she had a vision of angels in the operating room, surrounding Aaron! What a comforting thought! We know without a doubt that Dr. Smith wasn't the only surgeon in that room! For someone who had a chunk of their brain removed, not even 24 hours ago, he is doing miraculously well! GLORY!!

Something I forgot to add yesterday was that Aaron signed a paper before surgery yesterday, giving permission for the tissue they removed to be used for research here at Barrow! Wow! We pray that these talented researchers and doctors could discover all sorts of things from what they removed, and help others coming behind him!!

That's it for now. Our main goal today is that Aaron have the ever elusive pain relief, that his blood pressure will stay down, the nausea will completely disappear and he will have a good day! Thanks again for all the encouragement!

No comments: