10 March 2008

Good news again! Dr. Smith came in tonight and said it all looks really good and that surgery is now scheduled for Wed at 8:30 a.m.! As of tonight, he has Aaron on absolutely no meds which is a little disconcerting. Aaron really hates having those bigger seizures, called generalized tonic clonic. His typical seizure is called a partial or complex partial. None of us are used to these biggies.

There will still be some mapping going on tomorrow, which has Aaron and I both a little on edge. It would be good for him to have a seizure on his own versus because of the cortical stim, but I guess we'll have to wait and see. Hopefully I can find out a little bit more about the actual surgery because I'm not familiar with a couple of terms the doc used.

Don is home tonight, sleeping in his own bed, which should do wonders! He's fighting a bit of a cold but I think he'll feel much better once he gets a good night's sleep. As for me, well I probably won't get much sleep tonight but that's the way it goes!

Thanks go to Papa and Wayne, Anna and Sandy for cheering Aaron up today! This has certainly been hard on him, but it helps now to have a target to shoot for and people encouraging him along the way! Blessings to all!

No comments: